California ResourcesLaws, etc:
- Child Welfare Services Manual (Div 31, Chap 31-500). California Department of Social Services.
- ICWA Judges' Benchguide: California Judges' Benchguide. California Indian Legal Services. (2010). Additional information about the Guide
- ICWA Laws, Regulations and Rules. California Courts.
- ICWA Education. California Courts.
- ICWA Resources and Job Aids. Dept. of Social Services.
- What is the Indian Child Welfare Act? California Indian Legal Services. (2009)
- Procedural Guide 1200-500.05. The Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA) . Child Welfare Services Handbook. Los Angeles County, Department of Children & Family Services
Tribal ICWA contacts: List of Indian Child Welfare Act Designates, Bureau of Indian Affairs
Tribal directories - National Indian Law Library
Tribal Advocacy, Legal Assistance and Court Information. CA Dept. of Social Services.
ICWA Workgroup Information. CA Dept. of Social Services.
California Department of Social Services, Children and Family Services, Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA)
Judicial Council of California, ICWA Resources Directory
Statewide Directory of Services for Native American Familes. California Courts.
State Bar of California
American Bar Association - State and Local Bar Association Directory
For additional links to legal resource organizations -- beyond those offered by the state bar association -- use the National Indian Law Library's Guide to Legal Assistance Resources. Some organizations (bar associations, legal services, law firms and lawyers, and legal clinics at universities) might provide ICWA assistance.
National organizations, grant programs & urban Indian centers