Blue Lake Rancheria Ordinances
ORDINANCE No. 89-03
HUMBOLDT COUNTY, CALIFORNIA
|SUBJECT:||Speed limit on public roads within the exterior boundaries of the Blue Lake Rancheria.|
|WHEREAS:||The Constitution of the Blue Lake Rancheria, as approved on March 22, 1989, provides for in Article V, Section 4 the power to the Business Council to enact laws for the welfare, health and safety of the members of the Blue Lake Rancheria,|
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT KNOWN, that the Business Council of the Blue Lake Rancheria hereby ordains as follows:
SECTION I: PURPOSE
It is the purpose of this Ordinance to provide proper speed control of all public roads within the exterior boundaries of the Blue Lake Rancheria.
SECTION II: ZONING
1. Residential Areas - The Blue Lake Rancheria is in general a residential area. Therefore all public roads will be zoned residential use.
SECTION III: SPEED LIMIT
1. Speed limit for public roads will be 15 MPH and properly posted.
SECTION IV: ENFORCEMENT
1. The Business Council will decide upon appeals for zone changes, or special types of use not specifically covered by this Ordinance.
2. The Business Council will establish procedures for amendments, petitions, notices, investigations and hearings.
3. The Business Council will establish proper relations with the City of Blue Lake Police Department and the County of Humboldt Sheriff Department regarding implementation of the law and penalties.
SECTION V: AMENDMENTS
This Ordinance, or any section herein, may be amended by a majority vote of the Business Council at a duly called regular or special meeting, and the amendment will become effective thirty (30) days from the amendment date.
We, the undersigned, as duly elected officers of the Blue Lake Rancheria Business Council, do hereby certify that the foregoing ordinance was enacted by the Business Council members of the Blue Lake Rancheria at a duly called Business Council meeting, at which a quorum was present, on December 17, 1989 by a vote of 5 for, with 0 against, and 0 abstaining, and that this ordinance has not been rescinded or amended in any way.
Secretary / Treasurer