Law Bulletins | News
| Archives |
2011 Sovereign Immunity
A service of the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund
Articles are arranged from most recent (December) to least recent (January) for this particular year and topic.
Please note: At the time that these news stories were initially indexed by the National Indian Law Library, access to the stories was free. Sources such as the New York Times and L. A. Times may require a Login and Password, even if acccess is free. Please contact the National Indian Law Library if you need help accessing an article or feel we missed an important one.
Links to news stories may not be functional over time; they may become broken as news agencies reorganize articles on their websites. But links are not removed in the event that they assist you in finding the article at a later date. Contact NILL or your local librarian for help retrieving articles if links are broken.
• • Tribe's buffalo herd, land headed to auction (Rapid City Journal) 12/30/11
• • Court upholds Alaska tribal government sovereignty (AlaskaPublic.org) 12/13/11
• • W.Va. court enforces McGraw's subpoena against payday lender (Legal News Line) 11/16/11
• • 7th Circuit rejects casino bond indenture, with leave to amend claims (Pillsbury Law) 10/31/11
• • Tribe demands halt to unfair labor practice proceeding (The Morning Sun) 10/27/11
• • Regulators in dispute over internet payday loans by tribes (Tulsa World ) 10/25/11
• • Supreme Court won't take Santa Clara Pueblo immunity case (Indianz.com) 10/13/11
• • How "payday" lenders pull of crippling rates (CBS News) 09/26/11
• • Tribe attempts to evict private military contractor (San Diego City Beat) 09/28/11
• • Court rules Wells Fargo cannot sue Lac du Flameau (Indian Country Today) 09/06/11
• • Developer to return to federal court in feud with Hualapai Tribe (Indianz.com) 08/04/11
• • Miccosukee Tribe forced to disclose financial records to IRS (Indian Country Today) 08/04/11
• • At central New York's Indian smoke shops, the Marlboro Man rides away (Syracuse.com) 07/17/11
• • Oneidas: Cigarette tax won't affect them (The Utica Observer-Dispatch) 05/09/11
• • Neb. high court OKs lawsuit against Omaha tribe (The Native Times) 03/29/11
• • Judge promises a ruling 'soon' in Bay Mills off-reservation suit (Indianz.com) 03/24/11