Law Bulletins | News
| Archives |
A service of the National Indian Law Library of the Native American Rights Fund
Articles are arranged from most recent (December) to least recent (January) for this particular year and topic.
Please note: At the time that these news stories were initially indexed by the National Indian Law Library, access to the stories was free. Sources such as the New York Times and L. A. Times may require a Login and Password, even if acccess is free. Please contact the National Indian Law Library if you need help accessing an article or feel we missed an important one.
Links to news stories may not be functional over time; they may become broken as news agencies reorganize articles on their websites. But links are not removed in the event that they assist you in finding the article at a later date. Contact NILL or your local librarian for help retrieving articles if links are broken.
• • SD lawmakers approve new 35 voting districts (Native American Times ) 10/26/11
• • Cherokee Freedmen encouraged by election of new chief (The Los Angeles Times) 10/12/11
• • Cherokee Supreme Court strikes down agreement brokered on freedmen vote (Associated Press) 10/11/11
• • Cherokee Nation: unofficial tally shows challenger with insurmountable lead in chief vote (The Republic) 10/11/11
• • Oklahoma tribe announces additional voting dates for principal chief election (The Republic) 09/30/11
• • APNewsBreak: judge reopens voting in Cherokee race (The Boston Globe) 09/27/11
• • Federal judge: Cherokees in contempt of court (The Muskogee Phoenix) 09/26/11
• • Slave descendents get Cherokee voting rights, possible tribal inclusion: war 'still not over' (The Republic) 09/21/11
• • Navajos eye Ariz. congressional district as Hopi leader says it makes sense to share district (The Washington Post) 09/15/1
• • Freedmen eye lawsuit in federal court over Cherokee election (Indianz.com) 08/30/11
• • Cherokee court orders manual recount of ballots (Claremore Daily Progress) 07/12/11