The Native American Rights Fund is honored to stand firm with the people of the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in their fight to stop the Dakota Access Pipeline. NARF is working directly with the attorneys for the Standing Rock Tribe (EARTHJUSTICE) to develop and coordinate an effective amicus brief strategy in support of the tribe’s lawsuit and will be providing direct assistance in channeling the support received by Standing Rock Sioux to provide a strong and unified voice in the federal courts.
Please see the NARF Letter of Support to Dave Archambault II, Chairman, Standing Rock Sioux Tribe.
For more information about the Dakota Access Pipeline, see the following videos:
From Democracy Now!
- Standing Rock Sioux Chairman: Dakota Access Pipeline “Is Threatening the Lives of My Tribe”
- FULL Exclusive Report: Dakota Access Pipeline Co. Attacks Native Americans with Dogs & Pepper Spray
- Standing Rock Sioux Tribe’s Lawyer: Judge’s Ruling Allows Dakota Access to “Desecrate” Sacred Ground
- 8/25/2016: Lawrence O’Donnell, Rewrite: the Protests at Standing Rock
- 8/29/16: Lawrence O’Donnell, The protests at Standing Rock
- 9/6/2016: Lawrence O’Donnell, Lawrence Visits Standing Rock