- Request local Indian Health Service (IHS) provide voter registration services to increase registration rates among tribal members. For tribes that 638 compact health services, health facilities can become National Voter Registration Act designated sites.
- Read more about designating IHS facilities as voter registration sites.
- If IHS is your health care provider, let them know you want voter registration service with this form letter.
- If you have 638 compact services that you want to designate as a voter registration site, contact email@example.com.
- If your community would benefit from an on-reservation voting site, you can and should submit a request to state election offices. See tribal leader guides at https://vote.narf.org/advocacy-actions/.
- Across Indian Country, homes do not have addresses, making it hard to register and vote. Tribes may be able to help by issuing letters as proof of address. Long-term solutions include addressing homes compliant with USPS guidelines. See addressing guide at https://vote.narf.org/advocacy-actions/.
We are here to help.More blog posts